Who We Are
What We Believe
The doctrinal basis for PFI remains:
- The Divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture (the Bible) as originally given and its supreme authority in matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the Fall rendering man subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death (as our Representative and Substitute) of Jesus Christ the Incarnate Son of God.
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ Jesus effective to the individual sinner granting him repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The re-gathering and restoration of the Nation of Israel in accordance with Biblical Prophecy.
- The expectation of the personal return and reign on earth of the Lord Jesus Christ
What We Offer
PFI provides a number of resources associated with its core aims which include:
Monthly Prayer Bulletin and Quarterly Magazine
A Prayer Bulletin is distributed to Prayer Partners each month, plus a Quarterly Magazine. Articles encourage believers with Biblical teaching. News items are included. The majority of the bulletin consists of 'Prayer Information'. Prayer requests received from the fellowships by PFI are edited, set in context, and summarised for easy reference when praying. The material is set out in easy to find areas of The Land.
Prayer Bulletins and Magazines are free and available for download, but you need to be a Prayer Partner to receive or access them.
Please complete the form at the bottom of the Home page to start the process.
In PFI, Bible teaching goes hand in hand with prayer for God's purposes for Israel in these latter days. Bible teaching is given at our conferences and conventions, at Prayer & Bible days, at evening meetings, during prayer visits and at other Christian events.
PFI also aims to teach the Church (the true body of believers) the Biblical history and faith of Israel, to refute Replacement Theology, and combat anti-semitism.
Prayer, Bible Conferences and Other Meetings
We run several residential Conferences each year [normally three] at regional locations around the UK, with a visiting speaker from Israel. Day visitors are welcome.
- West Country (Torquay)
- Southern (Hemel Hempstead)
- Derbyshire Dales (Matlock)
The PFI Annual Convention is held in the summer, normally in June
Prayer & Bible days (mostly Saturdays) are held up and down the country, and we organise a number of evening meetings, often with visiting speakers from Israel.
As much as possible we facilitate visitors preaching at Sunday services.
Do plan to join us for fellowship and to hear what The Lord is doing in The Land.
The full listing of Conferences and Prayer & Bible days is in the Prayer Partners area.
Prayer Partners are encouraged to join a local Prayer Group if possible. These groups usually meet once a month for worship and focused prayer.
Guided Prayer Visits to Israel
Once or maybe twice a year PFI organises a Prayer Tour and site-seeing visit, usually for 10 days, led by Bible teachers and accompanied by local tour guides. Local fellowships are an important focus of these visits, where there is the opportunity to hear first-hand the praises and prayer requests of local fellowships, so as to give focus for informed prayer.
Latest dates can be found in the Prayer Partners area.
Prayer Materials - Books, DVDs and Audio Teaching
PFI provides a wide range of solid materials, many created in-house. Samples of some resources can be viewed on the Free Resources page. If you would like guidance on good books to read, please contact us.
Currently our shop facility is only for Prayer Partners.
Practical Support for Believers
PFI can act as a channel for designated gifts which provides practical support, or relieves hardship and distress in Israel and elsewhere. Designated gifts are passed on to recipients in full until that need is fulfilled, when PFI will re-allocate to 'where most needed'.
Prayer Partners can now give online in the Partners area.
A Brief History of PFI
Following the 1967 six day war, friends encouraged Ken Burnett to pray for His people. Following a visit to Israel some notes and prayer points were circulated, which grew to become the monthly Prayer Bulletin.
In 1982 a trust, Prayer for Israel was established to:
- Preach the Gospel of Messiah by all means
- Foster Godly prayer events
- Provide Biblical teaching events
- Produce, publish and distribute Christian material
- Provide support and relieve need, hardship and distress in Israel and elsewhere
The work has now continued for over 40 years, and the number of fellowships in Israel has grown from two to over 100 today.